Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Homemade Pimiento Cheese

Homemade pimiento cheese is delicious and easy to make.
My mom frequently makes this and now we're addicted (my difference is I use two cheeses).
I highly suggest good quality organic cheddar, vegetables and mayonnaise.
Or choose two or one cheddars that you like, it can be that simple.
Also, use as much red bell pepper and red onion as you prefer.
We like it this way.
1 1/2 c. shredded sharp or medium cheddar cheese
1/2 c. shredded mild cheddar (I use white cheddar)
1/3 c. red bell pepper diced
1/3 c. red onion diced
1/3 - 1/2 c. mayonnaise (use Miracle Whip if you prefer)

Shred your cheeses.
Dice the bell pepper and onion.
Mix the ingredients and stir in the mayonnaise.
Serve with crackers or make a delicious sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment