Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Frittatas




Frittatas are the perfect food for any meal. You can make them hearty or light to fit your mood or mealtime. They're like a fluffy baked omelette that you can put anything you want into. I plan on using this easy base and changing up the ingredients over and over to fit our mood or use whatever leftovers our fridge holds.

I love how simple recipes are usually the best -all of the ingredients shine at once. I found many recipes for frittatas but many were more complicated than I wanted, especially for breakfast. So here's my take and it turned out perfect.

Ingredients:
5 eggs
4 strips of soy bacon diced
2 patties of soy sausage diced
1/4 c. whole milk
3/4 c. shredded mild cheddar cheese (you may want less but not us!)
a few twists of fresh pepper
a pinch of sea salt

Directions:
-Pre-heat oven to 375
-Grease a 9" pie pan (I love to use glass ones)
-Whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese (reserve a little for the top), pepper and salt then toss in the stars of the show -here I used soy bacon and sausage
-Pour the mix into the pie pan, sprinkle a little cheese on top and bake about 20 minutes until set.
-Let it set about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

Makes about three servings

No comments:

Post a Comment