Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cheesy Peas & Linguine

Cheese, sweet peas and pasta.
These are a few of my favorite things!

We had been playing all morning and lunch suddenly was upon us as our tummies rumbled. I had some of each of these ingredients so I decided to mix them up. The finished product is now one of my favorite quick meals. The creamy cheese melted in our mouths with the buttery linguine and heavenly sweet peas. I just have to share!

1/2 c. shredded asiago with rosemary and olive oil (regular asiago would be awesome too)
1/2 c. large shreds of fresh mozzarella
1/2 package of frozen organic sweet peas
1/2 lb. linguine
2 tbsp. butter
A few twists of sea salt
A few twists of fresh black pepper

Boil the water for the linguine and peas then put them on when it's ready.
While the pasta and peas cook shred the cheeses into a bowl.
Drain the pasta then mix the butter in.
Toss in the peas.
Toss the cheese in and mix well with a few twists of salt and fresh pepper.
Eat it warm right after you toss it.

It will melt in your mouth.

Makes three servings.
Would be great with garlic bread.

After thoughts: I bet I could make an awesome creamy cheese sauce because the cheese will clump a little. But we ate it right away so that wasn't a problem! I was perfectly happy with this as a quick meal. It's super simple, quick and fresh and you can't go wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment