Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Carrot 'Dilla



The other day I had to come up with a quick dinner for Z when I accidentally put too much chili powder in his taco fixings. A carrot quesadilla was the perfect answer. It was so tasty I wished I had made one for me! So we had them for lunch a few days later. Super easy and awesomely tasty.

Ingredients (to make three quesadillas):

6 flour tortillas (corn would work if you prefer that)

~4 oz. Colby Jack or Mozzarella cheese

15 baby carrots

1/6 whole onion

Dash of oregano

1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, divided


Directions:

Thinly slice the baby carrots. I love sweet baby carrots.

Dice the onion

Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium skillet.

Sauté the carrots and onion until tender.

Drop the dash of oregano on top.

Remove from the pan onto a plate.

Drop a little more olive oil in the skillet.

Place a tortilla in the pan and spread 1/3 of the carrot, onion, oregano mix onto the tortilla and then top it with cheese.

Put the other tortilla on top.

Grill until golden then flip it to grill the other side.

Remove when golden and the cheese is melted.

Mmmmm. Slice and enjoy.


Suggestion: Salsa! I also served it with a side of refried beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment