Monday, September 26, 2011

Just Toss It In

Sometimes I just need to clean out the veggie drawer/pantry before I refill it with fresh new food and produce. So I just chop what's left of the veggies, sauté them and mix it with some pasta and sometimes a protein.  It's easy and delicious.

Last week I had:
1/2 a red bell pepper
1/2 a yellow squash
1/2 a green zucchini
1/3 of an onion
a handful of small carrots left
Two different boxes with a little pasta in them.

1. I put on the water and pasta to boil.  (If the two pastas have different cooking times put the 10 min one in first then the 8 min one in 2 min later).
2. Then I drizzled some olive oil and butter in the pan and sautéed the veggies with some salt and pepper until almost tender over medium heat (a few minutes).
3. I tossed in a can of diced organic tomatoes for the last few minutes.
4. Next, I set the veggies aside and sautéed some soy "chicken" in the same pan.
5. Then I mixed the veggies with the "chicken" and tossed it with the pasta.

It was delicious and super easy.
Our toddler, Z digs it with all the colors and different pastas.

Last minute thought: Some tiny fresh mozzarella cubes mixed in would be awesome.  But I didn't have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment